DR. VIVEK LOGANI
Dr Vivek Logani is associated with Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon as Chief – Joint Replacement Surgery & Sports Injury Centre.He comes with extensive clinical experience of over 17 years having performed more than 5100 joint replacements including more than 300 revision joint replacements. He has completed MS (Orthopedics) and DNB (Orthopedics). He has done extensive work in the field of joint replacements at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). His major areas of sub-specialization are Computer Navigation for Joint Replacement, Complex Primary and Revision Joint Replacement of Knee, Hip, Shoulder and Elbow, Unicondylar Knee Replacement and Allograft Bone Banking. He has been one of the pioneers of computer navigation surgery, which is being performed at very few centres across India and abroad. His journey of computer navigation started in 2009 and he is one of the select few surgeons in India who perform 100% of knee replacement surgeries with navigation.
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS AND FUTURE PLANS
Currently involved in exclusive high volume hip and knee arthroplasty practice with a special interest in difficult primaries and complex revision joint replacements. The difficult primary knees in his practice include severe varus, valgus, fixed flexion deformities (including a large series of crawling patients), stiff knees with fibrous or bony ankylosis, extraarticular deformities, previous implants in situ, severely osteoporotic patients of rheumatoid arthritis, gross ligament laxity, etc. The difficult primary hips include fused hips with fibrous or bony ankylosis, dysplastic hips, acetabular defects, severe shortening, flexion deformities, protrusioacetabuli, previous implants in situ and extraarticular deformities, etc.
- Unit Head, Centre for Joint Reconstruction – Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi (March 2011- August 2013)
- Senior Consultant: Joint Replacement Surgery – Primus Superspeciality Hospital (Dec 2007-Dec 2010)
- Dr BL Kapur Memorial Hospital (1st Jan 2011-15th March 2011).
- Chief: QRG Central Joint Replacement Institute – QRG Central Hospital and Research Centre, Faridabad (Sep 2007-Feb 2010)
- Arthroplasty and adult joint reconstruction in the Unit of Arthroplasty, Department of Orthopaedics, AIIMS
- In-charge of the Bone Bank – Primus Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi (Dec 2007 – Dec 2010)
- Worked as an active member of Bone Bank team of Department of Orthopaedics, AIIMS
- In-charge of the Disability Clinic, Deptt. of Orthopaedics – AIIMS for 3 years (Aug-2004-Aug 2007)
- MBBS: Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (1994-1999)
- MS (Orthopedics): Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (2000-2002)
- DNB (Orthopedics): National Board of Examinations, May 2004
- Invited Course Faculty* for IAACON (Indian Arthroplasty Association) 2019 at Mumbai: September 2019. Topic: Computer Navigation in Primary TKA is the Answer
- “Newer Bearings in Knee Arthroplasty” presented at ISHKS (Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons) Bengaluru, April 2019.
- Course Faculty* for Stryker’s Champion’s Meet, New Delhi: September 2018
- Invited Course Faculty* for IAA (Indian Arthroplasty Association) Meet 2018: in Neemrana, November 2018
- Course Faculty* for Combined Meeting of 6th International Geriatric Orthopaedic Society of India Conference (GOSICON), Fragility Fracture Network India (FFN) and Current Concepts in Arthroplasty (CCA) 2018 held at AIIMS, New Delhi, 6th -8th September, 2018. Special contribution for Computer Navigation in Total Knee Arthroplasty Sessions and Cadaveric Demonstration of Computer Navigated TKA.
- Course Faculty* for AIIMS Cadaveric Hip Arthroplasty Course, May 2018: Regular faculty for AIIMS Cadaveric Arthroplasty Courses held twice a year
- “DVT Prophylaxis in Arthroplasty: Current Knowledge” presented at ISHKS (Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons) Ahmedabad, April 2018.
- “Computer Navigation in TKA: A deeper insight” presented at DOACON, November 2017
- Course Faculty* for Smart Hip and Knee Conclave 2017, New Delhi, November 2017
- “Total Knee Arthroplasty after High Tibial Osteotomy” presented at Elite Arthroplasty Congress, Chandigarh, October 2017
- “Computer Navigation in Knee Arthroplasty: Step wise utility analysis” presented at Elite Arthroplasty Congress, Chandigarh, October 2017
- Course Faculty* for ISKSAA 2016 (International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty) Global Summit, November 2016, New Delhi.
- Technical and scientific contributor for developing the design of Stryker System G (launched September 2016)
- Course Faculty* at Annual National Orthopedic Conference, Cameroon, May 2016
- Faculty at Stryker Great Expectations Meet, Melbourne, April 2016
- “Computer Navigation in TKA: Role in alignment, soft tissue balancing, and function?” presented at UP ORTHOCON 2016, Meerut, February 2016
- Course Faculty* for IAA (Indian Arthroplasty Association)-ASIA Meet 2015, Agra, October 2015: Utility Analysis of various steps of Computer Navigation in TKA- which steps are really important.
- Course Faculty* for 1st TMU (Tirthankar Medical University) Cadaveric Arthroplasty Course, Moradabad, September 2015
- Course Faculty* for “Stryker Studio: Revision Knee Arthroplasty Cadaveric Program”, MS Ramaiah Advanced Learning Centre, Bangalore, August 2013
- Course Faculty* for “Complex Primary Knee Arthroplasty Course”: AIIMS, New Delhi, July 2013
- Regular Course Faculty* for Cadaveric and Master Knee Arthroplasty courses organized by Maxx Orthopedics (USA) and Meril Lifesciences in India
- Course Faculty* for ISKSAA (International Society for Knowledge for Surgeons in Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty), Feb 2013
- Course Faculty* (Arthroplasty) for IOACON, December 2012
- Faculty for Computer Assisted Surgery Symposium at DOACON, Delhi, November 2012
- Course Faculty* for Symposium on Proximal Femur fractures (AO Synthes), Delhi, June 2012
- Course Faculty* for Arthroplasty Session, NZIOACON, Patiala, Feb 2012
- Course Faculty* for Knee Course, Coimbatore Bone & Joint Foundation, October 2011
- Course Faculty* for Arthroplasty Session NZIOACON, Shimla, April 2011
- Course Faculty* for IOACON Primary TKR Workshop, Jaipur, Dec 2010
- Course Faculty* for AIIMS Cadaveric Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Course, July 16, 2010
- Course Director and Faculty for Stryker Hip Academy, Nov 2010.
- Faculty for various operating room demonstration sessions, saw bone demonstration sessions and interactive lecture sessions organized at Primus Hospital every three months for the past three years
- Faculty in National Symposium on Musculoskeletal Allografts (Bone Banking: Current Concepts and Techniques) organized by Orthopaedic Research Society of AIIMS in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology, March 14, 2004
- “Cementing Techniques in TKR” delivered at IOACON 2010 Primary TKR Workshop, Jaipur, Dec 2010
- “Management of Valgus Deformity in TKR” delivered at IOACON 2010 Primary TKR Workshop, Jaipur, Dec 2010
- “How to read post op Xrays after TKR” delivered at AIIMS Cadaveric Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Course, July 16, 2010.
- Course Faculty* and Table Instructor for AIIMS Cadaveric Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Course, July 16, 2010.
- “Reconstruction of large post-traumatic bone defect in femur by intercalary segmental cadaveric allograft” delivered at monthly meeting of Delhi Orthopaedic Association in Feb’2007.
- “Management of extensor mechanism deficiency following total knee arthroplasty” delivered at monthly meeting of Delhi Orthopaedic Association in Feb’2006.
- “Bone graft substitutes” delivered at National Symposium on Musculoskeletal Allografts organized by Orthopaedic Research Society of AIIMS in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (14.03.2004).
*Course Faculty indicates overall faculty role in the form of more than one of the following: lectures, case presentations, moderator sessions, panel discussions, live surgeries, cadaveric demonstration surgeries and table instruction sessions